This tasty little hors d’eouvre takes the plain, low carb jalapeno “Popper” to a new level of deliciousness with rich, zesty avocado cream filling and crispy bacon.
Here’s how to make it:
- Cut the stem off 7 or 8 jalapenos, clean out their seeds, cut them in half lengthwise and place, open face up, on a baking sheet. I strongly recommend wearing gloves to do this!
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash and whisk together 4 oz. softened cream cheese and 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of your favorite guacamole. Make sure it is well combined, and that all the cream cheese chunks are broken up.
- Spoon an equal amount into each jalapeno “boat” and bake at 350°F for 11-12 minutes.
- While that’s baking, fry up 4 strips of bacon. Drain on paper towels and crumble up.
- After pulling the “Poppers” from the oven, sprinkle the bacon crumbles over the top and enjoy!